I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by my blogger friend at Transcribing Memory.
The first order of business with the award is to mention the lovely liebster who nominated me:
Transcribing Memory is a blog I faithfully read.The young woman who writes it is a care giver to her husbands grandmother, Babu. Her blogging takes us on a journey as she transcribes Babu’s personal journals and shares the responses those rediscovered journal entries provoke. But it’s more than that, as she states in her own words:
“This blog is about more than insights and a view of history gleaned through her diaries. It’s about the relationships, sacrifices, and love that go into being a caretaker.”
Check her blog out at https://transcribingmemory.com. It is at times very moving and always thoughtfully written and beautifully expressed.
When I googled Liebster Award it stated that liebster is a german word for several adjectives such as sweetest, nicest, kindest, lovely, etc. so I was a little bit alarmed because I’m not sure I qualify, but I appreciate the sentiment and the compliment from my fellow blogger, who really is sweet, kind and lovely! And I’ll try not to swear today.
As for my own blog, it is definitely a mixed bag of random posts about whatever is on my mind. Sometimes it’s inspired by current events, like the struggles of Syrian Refugees or the peculiar political weirdness of the world, and sometimes I write about deeply personal thoughts on things like love, music, and shaving or not shaving my legs. I love to laugh. I love to make people laugh. I love to think about important issues. I love to make people think about important issues. I’m caught up in the Yin and Yang of life, so that is how I write.
I’m old enough now that I’m trying to be as authentic as I can here. Sometimes I swear. Sorry. That’s just who I am. And it’s pretty mild…on my blog anyways.
Ten random things about myself:
- I hate tofu.
- I like yoga.
- I make sterling silver jewelry.
- I was once terrorized by three kittens.
- I love dogs.
- I read lots of books but forget most of them.
- My favorite author is Wallace Stegner.
- I wish we could feel our hair grow so I would always know when I need to tweeze.
- I once wanted to be a fashion designer, when I was very, very young. Now I can barely dress myself.
- I’m old enough to get the senior discount at some establishments but not all of them…yet.
I’m supposed to Nominate five blogs, fairly new with less than 200 followers (I’ll try to follow the rules, but I’m not sure I know how to figure out those stats, and I also have no idea how to determine if a blog is a no award blog or not):
Tyrannosaurus Fir is a great little blog with beautiful photos and chronicles of the author’s adventures in the great Pacific Northwest. It’s such a quirky little slice of life blog that is always amusing and interesting reading and really delivers on the photography end.
Mixtapes and Cupcakes is a fun blog about life, music, and random thoughts. It’s just my kind of blog and I appreciate the author Jean’s humorous perspective on things and her easy going writing style. She always makes me laugh, and couldn’t we all use a lot more laughter in our lives?
The Off Key of Life is a very authentic blog of original thoughts by a teacher who still has his sense of humor! I love George’s take on things. His posts are generally short, not rambling or ranting, and he often makes me think about things in a new way, which I love.
Leonard Cartoons is a new blog for me. I don’t know how many followers it has, I’m guessing a lot and it might not be a new blog, but it is a hilariously funny cartoon blog. I absolutely love the doodley man’s sense of humor and plan to visit it often for a good belly laugh. I think you should too.
The DRAGONE Files This guy is funny. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a sweet, kind or nice blog, but I’m sure the author is all those things, and funny, but I already said that. Oh, and a manly man also. Don’t read it drinking your morning Joe or you might spew coffee on your laptop.
Use this link to accept your Liebster Award Nomination: 2016 Liebster Award Rules
- Now some folks hate these awards and I hope none of the above do or if they do that they don’t hate ME for nominating them for a Liebster Award. Supposedly it’s been likened to a chain letter in that the award assumes that each new nominee will pass the award on and fulfill their award duties by nominating other blogs and on and on ad nauseum and that if you don’t do this, while no one really says it, people fear they will surely die tragically or not win that Powerball jackpot they’re waiting for because they broke the chain, which is, of course, nonsense. We are all adults and the worst that will happen is you will annoy the bloggers you nominate, but hey, some bloggers might be thrilled to be nominated, so what the hey? So if your happy, pass the joy on and support other bloggers in the process! If you’re annoyed, ignore everything I just said in this post.
- There is a list of eleven questions below for Nominees who choose to participate.
- I expect nothing from the happy bloggers I nominate, although a box of chocolates or a bottle of wine is always a nice gesture…
- Why do you blog?
- Where do you blog?
- Dogs or cats?
- Favorite books?
- Favorite movies?
- Favorite music genre?
- Wine, beer or hard liquor?
- What kind of animal would you be, if you could be?
- Who is your favorite cartoon character?
- What is your dream travel destination?
- What are you wearing?
- Posted in: Uncategorized